Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wet n Wild Purple and Blue

I just got these polishes the other day and absolutely fell in love! 
I was actually quite surprised to see such a developed, by this I mean the duo-chrome/color they had, polish for only 93 cents each! 
The polishes I got were Wet n Wild Wild Card and Wet n Wild Rain Check. 
Beautiful colors! And I almost passed them up too. 
I actually have quite a few polishes from Wet n Wild's Wild Shine Collection, all of these colors from this collection I would highly recomend because of the tendency to have that chrome finish for such an inexpensive polish. 

But anyway, back to THESE polishes! Love at first sight. 

Wild Card - This polish is so hard to describe, the name is so fitting here. The best I can say is that it is kind of a mauve-ish purple with a pink shimmer. It does look pink in some lighting, but for the most part it is that lavender/mauve/purple(? Most bloggers I've read say lavender). It did take three coats however to get full opacity, the first was barely visable. It did have a good formula though it wasn't too thick and it didn't dry too fast, becoming tacky. And! Amazing, it was not streaky, which I was expecting from this chrome-finish polish.




I also did a little design on top of this with the blue that I was talking about above:
Rain Check.
Rain Check is a beautiful blue with a heavy silver/grey undertone. There is also a bit of a purple tone in this polish. This one was only a two coater, but other than that it had the same formula and also did not have any streaks at all. 



For the silver here, I used silver acrylic paint and a striping brush. My first time ever doing free hand painting like this! That's why it looks so horrible. Lol. Except for my thumb, and that's why I had to show it off. 

With matte finish

I also put a matte finish over this in the end, and I must say that I love these colors matted! 
Though they do look great both ways. 
I used Hard Candy Matte-Ly In Love which I got from Wal-mart for $4.00 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment