Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Black and Creme

I saw this design in an ad and just had to try and duplicate it, and I think I did a pretty good job. 
Here is the add:

Unfortunately, I don't have the pointed nails that really tie this look together, but my nails still came out looking good. I did match the colors pretty closely because Illamasqua is too expensive of a polish for me to buy at $17 a bottle from Sephora or $21.43 from Illamasqua.com
I used Revlon Top Speed - Cotton Sheets for the cream color and Sinful Colors - Black on Black for the black. 


I used Seche Vite top coat over these two.

I honestly thought that the hearts would have been harder to do, but I just used a small striping brush and dipped that into the bottle of Sinful Colors Black on Black to get a smooth line, and then painted the rest of my nail as usual. 

I bought the Revlon on sale from Walgreens for about $3.50 and Sinful Colors was $1.99 from Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment